New Year

Thursday, May 8, 2008

Poppie's Girl






So last night Mimi invited to her house for dinner on Thursday evening. So I told Delainey, if it wasn't raining, she and I could do some fishing. She thought that was a great idea and became very excited about. She was so excited it was all she talked about today. At 3pm, my office phone rang and I saw it was our house. I said hello and the response I got was, "Daddy, it sure is taking a long time to go fishing today." I told Delainey that in order to catch a fish, we had to be patient, so off she went to watch more cartoons.
I 5pm, I left the office and headed to the hardware store to get some nightcrawlers (those are worms for you non-fisherman). I pulled into Mimi's driveway expecting to get tackled at the door by a 3 year old that couldn't wait to go fishing. However, I walked into a living room with two sleeping girls! Delainey woke up way early this morning and then didn't take a nap, so on the ride to Mimi's she fell off into dreamland.
Once I woke her up and asked if she still wanted to fish, she popped right up. Her first question was, "Where are my worms Daddy?" The second picture is Delainey picking out just the right worm. She was actually more interested in playing with the worms than she was fishing, but oh well. So we tossed the bait, hook, and bobber into the water and waited. Then some little punk fish stole our worm! So Daddy baited the hook again and we tried a second time and waited. It wasn't long before Delainey had her first fish (a bream)! She was so excited and kept saying how cute he was.
I know her Poppie was smiling down from Heaven to see his Delainey using his cane pole to catch a fish!

3 comments:

Micah said...

oh my gosh, Steve, that was so sweet. I am teary eyed!!!

Emily said...

That was sweet! I like the part about the punk fish! Hilarious. Bring Delainey out to Blythewood. We've got tons of fish in the pond there!

MatersandMelons said...

Cute pics, Steve! I love your blog -- check ours out sometime!