New Year

Thursday, August 14, 2008

What in the wide world of sports is going on around here?


So when I did my yard work on Sunday afternoon, I noticed there were a lot of feathers scattered around the backyard. Had Buddy, aka the Snake Killer aka the Turtle Wrangler, also added another aka of the The Bird Catcher to his resume? I thought surely not since he is not the most athletic dog. Perhaps, Tiger hid in the tall grass and got lucky with a lazy dove? There were too many feathers for it to have been a baby bird that fell out of the nest. Oh well, the bird is gone and all that is left are feathers for me to spread with the lawnmower before a certain young lady comes out to swing and questions the abundance of feathers laying around.

Well on Monday my question was answered. My wonderful wife decided to clean the windows around the house and discovered the image above on one of our large windows in the den. I have never seen anything like it and hopefully you can make it out in the picture. Some bird didn't notice the glass and made the perfect impression of himself when he must have flown full speed into the glass. I wonder if he died on impact or was knocked out and the boys of the backyard finished him off? Oh well, we have left his calling sign on the window for right now to warn our other feathery friends of what might happen to them if they make the same mistake!

No comments: