New Year

Tuesday, June 10, 2008

The snake is no more...







Well Mr. Snake made a fatal appearance this evening. Laura called me frantically at work to say that the snake was back and slithering on the back porch and went under the house. This was not good. The first thing I did when I got home was grabbed the shovel out of the garage and set it by the back door, just in case he made an appearance this evening. After a little snooping around outside, I saw no evidence of our slippery friend. Then just after dinner on the way out the door to Delainey's dance class, I heard Buddy's familar "snake" bark. I told Laura I would be right back and grabbed the shovel on the way out the back door. Sure enough, he had returned to the familiar azalea bush and the boys had him cornered again! His demise came after several good whacks with the shovel and he is no more. At least I think that was the same snake I saw on Sunday evening...

2 comments:

Micah said...

Just don't let that thing get in the house!!!
For real though, glad you got it Steve, yucky snakes!!!!!!!!

Emily said...

Ohhhhh!! I hope he doesn't have a little friend! Yikes!