New Year

Sunday, July 6, 2008

Not again!


So we were enjoying a nice quiet evening at home this week. The girls were in bed, Laura was reading and I was catching up on some episodes of Dirty Jobs. I was about ready to call it a night when I heard Buddy the Beagle, aka Buddy the snake killer, start raising hell. Keep in mind, after the snake incident, I keep a hoe by the back door. So I turn on the flood lights, open the back door, and grab the hoe. I see Buddy and Tiger standing in a dark spot in the backyard pacing back and forth. What is the first thing that pops to my mind? Another freakin snake! Not so fast my friend, the boys have taken a liken to a good size box turtle. Of course they have turned him over and he can't go anywhere. I quickly usher the boys inside and put the hoe away. I checked out the turtle the best I could and it looked like the boys scratched up one of his feet and he was certainly slobbery, but appeared to be fine otherwise. I placed him in some bushes in the front yard and he was gone the next morning. I am just glad I didn't have to display my snake killing abilities again.

1 comment:

Emily said...

I love this stories! And I love how you always take the time to run in and get the camera! That is the mark of a true blogger, my friend! Hope to see you tommorrow night for a birthday drink!