New Year

Monday, July 21, 2008

So we had a little storm...





Monday afternoon some of Columbia got a severe thunderstorm. When I say severe, I mean every aspect of severe. There was a massive amount of rain, thrashing wind, lightning, and even some hail. Compared to others, we were very lucky, but we did have some damage. I came home from work and there was some small debris in the front yard, but the big surprise was in the backyard. So I guess when I evicted our little bat, I was cursed. I left the umbrella extended and somehow it completely smashed our glass top table when the storm rolled through. What a mess to clean up. We also had a decent size branch down in the backyard, but even though it fell against the house, there was no damage from that.

We are very fortunate though, a few houses down, our neighbors have a tree laying across their house.

1 comment:

Rose said...

wow!!! hope the dogs weren't outside!